What we do
We aim to empower people with mental ill health and their families through support, information and education. We also advocate for social change, promoting and defending the right of all those affected by mental ill health to equal rights and quality services.
Our main organisational objectives are:
1. To promote the development of parallel self-help groups for people with mental ill health and their family members and carers.
2. To empower people with mental ill health and their family members through support, information and education.
3. To promote and defend the right of all those affected by mental ill health to person centred and appropriate services, which support recovery.
4. To engage in public awareness activities aimed at challenging stigma and discrimination and promoting the rights and needs of all those affected by mental ill health.
5. To influence positive policy changes in the provision of mental healthcare services.
1. National Regional Development Offices.
2. One-to-one individual support for people affected by mental ill health.
3. Support Groups and Family initiatives.
4. Education and Training.
5. Resource Centres.
7. See Change.
For more information, please see the shine website below. Emily Daly Cork Shine Information and Support Officer will be providing information relating to Shine services on Sunday, April 14th.
For more information visit Shine.ie